Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Bad Shave = A Bad Start To My Day

I have written about shaving a couple of times recently (here and here), with the emphasis on the positive impact that changing this part of the daily routine can have.  However, this is a blade that cuts both ways (so to speak).  Just as having a really good shave can start the day off right, if the shave doesn't come off so smoothly, it can put a sour pall over the morning.  Today was such a day for me.  For some reason I didn't take the time to do it right and enjoy the experience like I should.  I tried to rush it and ended up hacking my face up a bit.  It was frustrating, and mildly painful, which just started my day off wrong.  I found myself irritated by pretty much everything that happened for the rest of the morning.

Tomorrow, I will be making sure to slow down and do things right, and get my day off to a better start.  I know, for those who have just always shaved with their Mach3, this still sounds like a bunch of bunk.  I can only hope that the more I write about it, the more men will be convinced to give the traditional wet shave a try.  When done properly with the right mindset, it can be calming experience that enhances your feeling of manliness and connection with tradition.

No comments: