Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My New Blog Purpose

If you've read my blog in the past, it was probably because I predominantly posted information of a technical nature.  This is still a large part of who I am, professionally.  However, I have decided to re-purpose my personal blog.  I will probably still write about technical topics from time to time, but for the most part I'm going to keep the techy stuff contained on the Aptera Software blog, rather than here.  The reason is twofold.  First, I will be posting technical articles to Aptera's blog at least once a month, and I don't really want to duplicate posts.  I used to cross-post technical stuff both here and there, but I don't want to do that any more.  Second, by focusing this blog on the parts of my existence that are not tied to my profession, I hope to travel further down a path of defining myself by something other than my work.

What will make its way here will be thoughts on my journey through life, with a focus on my experiences with becoming the best husband, father, and man that I can be.  It's certainly not going to be a how-to manual on how to live a good, because I don't really know the secrets.  But it will be my thoughts on lots of things, and I will be writing it for my own edification.  If others find it interesting enough to keep reading, then that's awesome sauce.

No comments: